Thursday, September 20, 2007

UVA Cafeteria

UVA has a cafeteria that I find interesting as it is very different from the one I had at college. In addition to the typical cafeteria hot selections, there are concessions like Pizza Hut and Chik Fillet. My favorite area has salads, yogurts, sandwiches and fresh fruits. I had a great yogurt drink today for the first time. It was very refreshing. There is also a literally huge area for drinks of all kinds -- chilled Starbucks drinks, soft drinks, bottled water, fruit drinks, and smoothies. Teachers and students both eat in the cafeteria; and there is seating both inside and outside.

We have made it through four of the Harry Potter books on tape already; and Ian's car that we got new in March already has 9200 miles on it! The trip along 64 and 288 is a truly beautiful one. The trees are just beginning to show signs of autumnal color. Esh and I talked about what it must have been like when the first Europeans landed on the shores of Virginia. Once they got inland and away from the mosquitoes, Virginia's verdancy must have seemes overwhelmingly beautiful. I love the Indians solution to mosquitoes -- bear fat all over their bodies!