Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cell Phone Saga

A month ago my battery fell out of my cell phone and would not stay in. So I glued it in. That has been working well...until today.

I was trying to call home and my phone said calling but never did. So I figured I'd just turn it off and then back on to reset it. All was going well until the message "Good Bye" showed up on the screen and stayed there. Was this my cell phone telling me it was going to die? I pressed all manner of buttons to get it to do anything, but nothing. Just Good Bye staring at me.

Now I know I can take out the battery to shut it down but I had glued it in. If I broke the glue, then the phone would not hold the battery and I would not be able to turn it on.

I spent 30 minutes or more (staring at Good Bye), carefully tweaking the battery away from the glue just enough to have it shut down but not fall out. Finally it worked. It shut down, the glue held and I was able to turn it back on.

I suppose the the cell phone was telling me a message and suggesting I might be in denial over its future. We'll see but at least I have another day with my cell.