Thursday, November 8, 2007

Quality Products

In a drawer upstairs is a laptop that is probably 8 to 10 years old. It was my first one. The battery no longer holds a charge and it is slow. The capacity of the hard drive is very limited compared to current laptops; but, if I plug it in, it still works.

The laptop I got after that one lasted about two years. Then the keys began to malfunction, AOL stopped working and periodically the screen would slowly dim to black...for no reason.

So Esh and I got new laptops in September. They are not enormously powerful machines, but they are under five pounds so both can go together in a laptop case and be carried around campus by me (keep in mind I am 55 years old so arm strenght is... well.... not what it used to be).

So, we are only talking about two months old...actually less than to months old...and the hard drive has crashed. It will not go past the BIOS screen. No access to JAVA programs or Powerpoint presentations or various Word documents for Esh's school. And, keep in mind, the laptop is TWO months old.

Hmmmm. Another China conspiracy thing? Maybe lead in the microchips?