Sunday, November 18, 2007

WSJ Catch Up

I think I have stated before that I love the Wall Street Journal (WSJ). However, I read it in bulk; about one to two weeks at a time. So today was cathc-up day.

* Microcosmos: A new book is out that sound really interesting. It is primarily photos of things enormously enlarged. Like the nylon in women's stockings, or blood vessels, etc. Titled Microcosmos by Brandon Boll. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9781554072378&itm=1

* China: Yes, China yet again. In China, they do brain surgery even for conditions such as depression! Bone chilling to me -- major yuck!

* Coral Reefs: As coral reefs are dwindling due to pollutants, and over harvesting, some locations are putting man-made concrete balls in the areas where the reefs used to be in order to encourage new reef growth. Hmmm....

* Lexus: Lexus has developed a new hybrid car. It sells for $100,000. Think I'll skip that one.