Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Animal Talk

A friend and I were talking yesterday about the Human Ego. Our species has such a huge ego that I actually think it interferes with our species gaining knowledge about the world around us. It blinds us to things that make our species just one of the pack of creatures on this Earth. According to my friend, it has been shown that elephants have a complete language. Many of the sounds are beyond our range of hearing so all we hear are grunts, etc. But it appears that they may have a language as complete as ours. I suspect that the cats and dogs in our home also have a complete language too; and as with elephants, probably many of the sounds are beyond our narrow range of hearing.

So one question I have is: do the other animals also have dialects and accents? Do they have actually different regional forms of language?. I suspect that they do. What do you think?